Cullen skink - Classic Method
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion
- 400 g Medium potatoes (about 2) peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 250 g Smoked Haddock
- 250 ml whole milk
- 1/2 small bunch parsley or chives finely chopped
- Add the potatoes and 300ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry for 5-8 mins until translucent but not browned.
- Put the haddock in another pan and cover with the the milk. Cook gently for 5 mins, or until just tender. Remove the haddock from the milk with a slotted spoon (reserving the milk), transfer to a plate and leave to cool slightly. When cool enough to touch, flake into large pieces, removing any bones.
- Put the reserved milk and flaked haddock in the pan with the potato mixture and cook for another 5 mins. Season and sprinkle over the parsley to serve.